LAST UPDATED May 25, 2017
WeLens, Inc. ("Company," "We," “Us,” or “Our”)
respect your privacy. This policy describes the types of information We may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit www.welens.com (Our "Site") and our Apps and Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information We collect:
- On this Site, including through Our VR equipment rental and purchase service and Our LensPass™ VR content service.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site.
- Through Our mobile and desktop applications you download from this Site or from the Google Play Store which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Site (Our “Apps”).
). Your continued use of this Site or our Apps after We make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site and Apps are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Site or Apps. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features/register on the Site or Apps, make any purchases through the Site or Apps, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site or Apps or provide any information about yourself to Us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If We learn We have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, We will delete that information. If you believe We might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact Us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of Our Site and Apps, including:
Information You Provide to Us.
The information We collect on or through Our Site and Apps may include you provide to Us, including your email address, postal address, name, phone number, credit card and billing information, and other information which can be used to identify you. We collect this information, if you provide it, as follows:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on Our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use Our Site, subscribing to Our LensPass or others service, making purchases or renting VR equipment, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with Our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact Us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through Our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through Our Site.
- Information You Publish. You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Site and Apps, or transmitted to other users of the Site, Apps, or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, We cannot control the actions of other users of the Site or Apps with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, We cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. For more details you should review the applicable terms for Our different services: http://www.welens.com/terms
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with Our Site and Apps, We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
Details of your visits to Our Site use of our Apps, and your computer and internet connection, including traffic data, location data, logs, your IP address, an approximation of your location (based on your computer’s IP address), operating system, browser type, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site and Apps. This information helps Us to improve Our Site and Apps and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling Us to estimate Our audience size and usage patterns, understand where our users are located, store information about your preferences, allowing Us to customize Our Site and Apps according to your individual interests, and recognize you when you return to Our Site or Apps.
- We use Google Analytics to analyze Our Site and Apps. Google’s collection of data from Our Site is subject to Google’s policies and described in “How Google uses data when you use Our partners' sites or apps” available here: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Your mobile device ID (which may include Android Ad IDs and Android IDs for the Android platform) if you download Our Apps and use Our LensPass service. This device ID is used to connect your mobile device(s) and our Apps to your LensPass account to enable the functionality of the LensPass service for you, to personalize your experience, to facilitate access to the Apps, and to allow us to understand usage patterns of our Apps.
The technologies We use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of Our the Site and Our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Site content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that We collect about you or that you provide to Us, including any personal information:
- To present Our Site and its contents to you and to make the services available to you, including LensPass.
- To enable our Apps and Site to interact so that we can make our services available to you via the Apps, including the LensPass service.
- To process payments. We use third party payment processors, Stripe and Braintree. We store the last 4 digits of credit cards, and a token pointing to the customer payment profile in either Braintree or Stripe. You can review Stripe and Braintree’s privacy policies here:
- Braintree (a PayPal Service): https://www.paypal.com/Us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- To ship products that you purchase or rent from Us.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from Us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account and subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- If you share your information with us via a social network provider like Google or Facebook, we use this to authenticate your account log in and/or account creation.
- To notify you about changes to Our Site or any products or services We offer or provide though it.
- In any other way We may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about Our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support Our business [and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which We disclose it to them]. These may include payment processors, customer support vendors, shipping and fulfillment, etc.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of WeLen's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by WeLens about Our Site and/or App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give Us an email address to use the "email a friend" feature of Our Site, We will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by Us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of WeLens, Our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to Us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote Our own [or third parties'] products or services, you can opt-out by unsubscribing via the link in the email or contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product or service purchase, warranty registration, product or service experience, subscription expiration and renewal, or other transactions.
Accessing, Removing, and Correcting Your Information
You can review and update certain information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send Us an email at email@example.com
to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to Us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if We believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures intended to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to Us is stored on Our secure servers behind firewalls. Our vendors are required to encrypt any payment transactions using SSL or other technology that they determine appropriate. We use Stripe and Braintree for payment processing and you can review their security information here:
- Stripe: https://stripe.com/docs/security/stripe
- Braintree (a PayPal Service): https://www.braintreepayments.com/features/data-security
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of Our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We make commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or from Our Site or Apps. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site or Apps.
Where We Store Your Information
Privacy@welens.com or WeLens, Inc. 3118 Arizona St, Oakland, CA 94602, Attn: Privacy